A mother can't see her baby in trouble. When the baby cry restlessly ,the parents also become restless to find out the reason. During the early stages (from few days to born to 3-4 months old ) babies do fall sick very often. Colic is one of the very common issue in new born babies or small babies. If you wonder, what is a colicky baby then let me tell you it is nothing but a disturbed stomach of baby. Gas, indigestion cause colic in babies and it starts after 2-3weeks of the baby born.
Gas, upset stomach can make the baby cranky and cry. When the baby is crying for a longer duration and parents not able to calm the baby down after so much effort, then colic might be there . There are few things to remember to sooth down a colicky baby . Here I am going to list down 6 ways which I find useful for myself.
1. Warm Bath - A nice warm bath is great for babies to relax their body and relieve stress . Their mind get diverted in this way and the baby become less cranky.
2. Oil massage - Oil massage is very necessary for babies. It soothes their muscles and relax their body and also helps in digestion. Along with oil massage, knee pushing exercise is also beneficial in digestion .
3. Burping the baby - Burping your baby after each feed is really necessary to release the gas from stomach. For burping, hold your baby against your shoulder and tap his back gently.
4. Longer feed from each breast - Always make sure to feed your baby longer duration from each breast. The hind milk which comes after sometime from breast is more nutritious than the foremilk comes immediately from breast after sucking. The hind milk has more fat which helps in proper digestion. Hence continues alternation between the breasts might cause colic and longer switch between each breast can avoid colic issue.
5. Closeness with the baby - Always try to maintain bodily contact with your baby. This will make the baby feel more secure and less cry. Wear babycarrier to carry your baby and co-sleep is another idea.
6. Let the baby suck - Allow the baby suck fingers, this will ensure good digestion too.
Mothersparsh Ayurvedic Tummy Roll-on :
There are also home remedies to cure colic in baby. You can use asafoetida ,basil, etc to cure colic issue. Recently our very own brand mothersparsh has launched 100% Ayurvedic tummy roll on . This has completely natural ingredients, no chemicals and alcohol . It is so skin friendly and can opted for tiny babies too.
This cute little tummy roll on is a blend of 5 types of oils which are very well-known to cure colic issue in babies. It has hing oil, pudina oil, sonth oil, sova oil ,saunf oil. Hing oil's antibacterial property helps to treat abdominal colic, gas, flatulence & indigestion. It also cures abdominal pain, constipation & upset stomach in babies.
This priced Rs249/- and available on amazon HERE
There is also an infant care kit available in which you are getting two of their best seller water wet wipes packets and one ayurvedic tummy roll-on. I think this kit is a must needed it you are a recent new mom or going to be mom.. I too use the same for my new born baby.
For more info, do check out Mothersparsh website HERE..
Here I am penning down and hope you found this post helpful. See you in the next post..